DAG

Oleg Isaac oleg_i@club-internet.fr
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 11:20:20 +0100

Gregory Torres wrote:

> robert sadowski wrote:
> >
> > Dear list,
> >      I'm working on a grand that someone gunked up the nuckles with Dag. Any
> > suggestions on how to get rid of the buildup?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Bob Sadowski
> > Erie, PA
>
> Bob:
>
> I have had good results by using denatured alcohol (the thinner used for
> applying DAG anyway) applied to a terry-cloth hand towel and rubbing the
> knuckles with it to get as much of the stuff off, and the same goes for
> the repetition lever. However, I always re-applied DAG fresh afterwards.
> I have found that most of the time the reason the DAG is "gunked-up" is
> because either something else (Protek or teflon) was applied to the
> knuckles, reps or both, OR simply the DAG was applied EXCESSIVELY.....
>
> Good Luck
> Greg Torres

Hello,

Dont we need to KEEP some friction there ?

Many technicians here apply not DAG but graphite pencil on the knuckles.
if they are too much frictonning (?). I 've use this tip since I have
seen a year after or so that the sensation (in the fingers) when playing
was not good, and the surface of the Knucles became hard shining like
glass.
I now use teflon powder, but in case I want to wash the knuckes, I use
dry cleaning fluid, then I sand with fine paper strips (240, 340 min)
before applying teflon. (even sanding alone works fine in the nap
direction)
Anyway even then I am not sure it is correct. it does not help me to
feel drop and let-off contact (NITEM ITCHI in japanese - ortograph
unguaranted !) for example so I do that lubrication after all regulation
is done.
3 to 5 gramms less downweight, the touch became very fluid. Seems to
last 6 months or so.

Dont we need some friction there ? (bis)

Thanks to you all.

Isaac Oleg