Grand knuckle material

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 15:43:30

Hi All,
        The synthetic materials ( corfam ) was not used on Baldwin grand
knuckles to my knowlege.  D.H. Baldwins a different story. These
instruments were manufactured by Samick, The inherent problems with these
pianos is well known, rub a generous quantity of powdered teflon into the
material to get rid of the sqeaks and groans. If a clunky noise is the
problem, don't waste your time trying to find a solution, just replace the
knuckles with a higher quality product.
Best regards to all.

At 10:58 PM 11/24/97 -0600, you wrote:
>>Bill,
>>       I believe that it is called  ESCAINE, but I dont know where to get
it.
>>Does anyone else know?????
>>                                              Theodore Mamel RPT
>>                                               Pittsburgh Chapter
>
>Corfam was the name of the substance used in some Baldwin models for
>awhile.  It hardened in many of the pianos over time.

Roger Jolly
University of Saskatchewan
Dept. of Music.