Bosendorfer (was Re: Bearing)

Tue, 25 Nov 1997 15:25:47 -0800

Avery,

With reasonable prudence, no problem that I can see.

Take care to not make the bearing surface non-rectilinear.
Years ago, I had a drawing which showed a 1-2mm flat
(squared off, but not sharp-cornered) bearing surface.  I'm
not sure if I still have that or not.

Certainly, no tension until the thing is back on and "tightened"
down - e.g., snug only, these aren't Cummins headbolts...

It sure is easier to get the wire on with that thing out of the way.

(Snap!  Oops, there goes another one.)

Best.

Horace

Horace Greeley