Strings (new thread)

David ilvedson ilvey@a.crl.com
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 18:39:56 +0000

> Date:          Wed, 26 Nov 1997 11:12:12 -0500
> From:          nhunt@jagat.com (Newton Hunt)
> To:            pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject:       Strings (new thread)

I've been there and done that and I don't tie strings (except
bass strings) anymore unless I have no other option.  I have
never been happy with the stability of the tied string over
time or its appearance.  I keep a piece each of the higher sizes
in my kit for repairs ala Franz Mohr.

David ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA