FAC ??s (Reply)

FRED W TREMPER f.trempe@morehead-st.edu
Thu, 27 Nov 1997 08:50:39 -0500 (EST)

Dear Jim and John and Pianotech:

My experience has been that two successive FAC readings will yield two
different results.  Sometimes difference is significant.

Should not there be two identical reading when the readings are taken
back to back?

Fred

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997 JElving@aol.com wrote:

> <<   In the last several stringing jobs, during the tuning process, and using
>  the SAT, I have noticed that as the strings start settling down and the
>  tunings become more and more stable the FAC numbers change, usually getting
>  much closer together.
>    Why?
>   Is it due to more accurate FAC readings as the strings settle in?
>  Is this just my imagination ?
>  Jim Bryant (FL)
>  HAVE A WONDERFUL THANKSGIVING Y'ALL
>   >>

> Jim -
>
> You must remember that since these are new strings you're talking about, it
> is going to take time for you SAT to get used to them, to know them and
> understand them. The longer it works with them, the better it will get.
> Patience, my friend.
>
> John Elving, RPT
> San Leandro, CA
> JElving@aol.com
>
> *Remember - A Little Knowledge is Just That!*

Fred W. Tremper, RPT
Morehead State University
Morehead, KY 40351
f.trempe@morehead-st.edu