tuning

Tom Cole tcole@cruzio.com
Fri, 28 Nov 1997 23:37:45 -0800

ralph m martin wrote:

> Come on, Guys and Gals
> I've only had 6 responses up to now. Not enough for even a rough
> sampling. There are only two approaches to setting a temperment...4ths
> and 5ths (checking with 3rds and 6ths) and 3rds (checking with 4ths an
> 5ths) All others are variation on these two to the best of my knowledge.
>
> Just trying to find out which is the most prevalently used at this point
> in time. If you are currently using a SAT , you must have used something
> before you got the thing.
>
> Ralph Martin
>
> If you want to reply off list...please feel free.
> .-
Ralph

Okay, okay. In more recent years, I've used the Joe D'Angelo temperament
(Santa Clara Chapter): A4, A3, F3, D4, D3 (D minor chord), A#3, F#3 (D
augmented chord), D#4, D#3 (E flat minor - pardon the spelling), B3, G3
(E flat augmented), E4, E3 (E minor), C4, G#3 (E augmented), F4 (F
minor), C#4 (F augmented). All apropriate checks, of course.
--
Thomas A. Cole RPT
Santa Cruz, CA