new yamaha -Reply

Steve Pearson SPearson@yamaha.com
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 16:36:02 -0700

Ralph... Regarding the GP1 piano from Yamaha, you wrote <Also,
according to the Ancott directory, it is made in the US  (pg. 47) but it has a
"Made in Japan" decal on it.>  I am unfamiliar with the Ancott directory, but
they sure got this one wrong.  All of our grand pianos are made in Japan,
and I am unaware of any plans to change this.  The GP1 is in fact, a "cost
down" grand, which is similar to the GH1B in most respects, but has a
different scale, hammers, and as you observed, music desk.  There are
other minor diffs, but the biggest is the price.  At almost $1100 less than
the GH1B, not surprisingly, it paled compared to the C3, but for the bucks,
it's still hard to beat.  You have to keep these things in perspective...
Steve Pearson
Yamaha