List business -- How private are your postings?

Glenn rockymtn@sprynet.com
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 20:40:03 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: Conrad Hoffsommer <hoffsoco@martin.luther.edu>
To: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
Cc: ptg-l%ptg.org.caut@ptg.org <ptg-l%ptg.org.caut@ptg.org>
Date: Thursday, October 02, 1997 11:10 AM
Subject: List business -- How private are your postings?

>Piano type listers:
>
>This reminds me of a discussion we had on pianotech some time ago. I don't
>think we have any similar problems now, but felt it could be food for
thought.

>(I do have his permission to send it on as long as I give credit - hence
the
>header.)
>
>>Sender: Harpsichords and Related Topics <HPSCHD-L@CNSIBM.ALBANY.EDU>
>>From: Ben Chi <BEC@CNSIBM.ALBANY.EDU>
>>Subject:      List business -- How private are your postings?
>>Comments: To: Pipe Organs and Related Topics <piporg-l@albany.edu>
>>To: HPSCHD-L@CNSIBM.ALBANY.EDU
>>
>>A subscriber wrote privately not long ago to the piporg-l list owners
>>about the following situation:  It seems that he and some others engaged
>>in a frank and not always complimentary exchange on the list regarding
>>some topic whose content is immaterial for the present discussion.  The
>>subscriber was subsequently dismayed to find that this exchange had been
>>quoted at length in a print publication without permission having been
>>sought from anybody and felt that confidentiality conventions, if not
>>copyright, had been violated.

More irrelevant crap deleted.

Why in the world would anyone want to bring this ridiculous crap up again?
If I hit send, its gone, its public, it doesn't matter, end of story.  If I
quote an e-mail you send out to a list and you don't like it . . . sue me.

Enough of this anal-retentive garbage.  Lets stick with the subject of this
list.

Glenn.