String Motion reply

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 06:45:27 -0500

----------
> From: robert sadowski <rls@ncinter.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: String Motion
> Date: Friday, October 03, 1997 4:49 AM
>
> Dear List,
>
> I wondered this yesterday while tuning a really bad Story & Clark console
> (were there any good ones?) with a lot of bad string spacing.  Dear
Robert,
As bad as almost all Story & Clarks were (except the ones made by Yamaha)
the fact is that about 6 months before they gave up the ghost and went out
of business last time I had a client who had a console with the pinblock
seperating from the back.  I talked to the factory rep and they came and
inspected the piano, made arrangements to take the piano back, sent it back
to the factory, installed a whole new back assembley inside my clients
original case and got it back to her in about 1 month at no charge to
anyone except S&C.  At this time I didn"t know that they were about to go
out of business.  My hats are off to the original company for doing this so
close to the end.  The piano is better these years later than what it was
in the beginning.
James Grebe
pianoman@inlink.com