hammer problems

Howard S. Rosen hsrosen@emi.net
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 08:42:02 -0400

Hi Jim,

I'm a little new at this CA stuff myself (a year), but I think it is really
marvelous. It has many applications for us. It's both effective and very
quick. I hope you don't wait for a loose hammer felt to try it. How do you
fix an odd loose keytop? By the time you mix some 5 minute epoxy, you could
CA 8 keytops. Broken shanks? Quick and effective. I had an ancient Steinway
with a few loose jack flanges. You know that after fixing them, others will
soon break. I took some of the thin CA that wicks well into wood joints,
and applied some to all the other jack flange joints as a preventive. Not
one has broken in 5 years.

Now they say that heat is not good for CA glue. We in Florida have very hot
trunks, so after a little time, I throw out what I have not used and just
buy some more at a hobby shop. For 5 bucks I get a bottle each of the thin
and medium. I have not yet tried the gap filling thick stuff yet. The
kicker is not affected by heat.There are dozens of other applications to
which I am sure other techs can attest. I urge you to look into this Jim.

Howard