Kimball brass rail clips

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Fri, 03 Oct 1997 10:39:59 -0600

At 09:11 AM 10/3/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Help! Help! Does anyone have or know where to find brass rail repair clips
>for an old Kimball, Schaff part #513KB, APSCO #24498? Both houses are out
>of them.
>
>Any info or a quick-and-dirty substitute would be greatly appreciated!!

Jerry,
	quick-and-truly-dirty brass rail repair trick number 375:

		Take a piece of bass string core wire, and thread it through three notes'
butts, with the bad note in the middle. Clamp with adjoining clips, and
flop a little. Like I said, truly dirty, but can help until parts arrive.

Guy

Guy Nichols, Member, PTG
nicho@lascruces.com

              "Not everything that counts can be counted,
               and not everything that can be counted counts."
				                          Albert Einstein