inharmonicity

Michel Lachance chance@InterLinx.qc.ca
Sat, 04 Oct 1997 17:45:38 +0000

Leslie W Bartlett wrote:

> Dear List
>
> I would be interested in some discussion of piano inharmonicity vs
> harpsichord inharmonicity.  I'd had no reason to think of this issue till
> this week when it's come up a couple of times.
>
> Non-piano:  I have a Berlitz Spanish language course I'd like to sell
> quite a bit off of new price.No tape deck in my truck. All there, new
> condition. Reply privately please.
>
> Leslie Bartlett
>
> lesbart@juno.com

Leslie,

There is not much to say about harpsichord inharmonicity.  It is
practically non existent in the medium range - I even had some negative
figures at when measuring with a SAT.  Taking account of the "natural"
inharmonicity, I get a big 2.2 cents deviation on the 4 foot stop (C7)
in my tuning chart.

Regards

Michel Lachance, RPT