Which Temperament

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 06:32:32 -0500

David,
The phrases like darker keys and brighter happier keys were supposed to be
gone with the coming of equal temperament.  Musicians are a funny bunch
being emotional, sensitive, and the like ( a Good Thing) and persist in
these beliefs.  However I myself can sometimes be persueded that some of
this is still possible.
James Grebe
pianoman@inlink.com

----------
> From: Vanderhoofven <dkvander@clandjop.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Which Temperament
> Date: Sunday, October 05, 1997 9:26 PM
>
> Dear Anne and the list,
>
> Would you suggest one or two unequal temperaments that I could try out
> while practicing Chopin (specifically the Polonaise in A Major Opus 40,
No.
> 1, and the Waltz in D flat Major, Opus 64, No. 1)?
>
> And what about one or two suitable temperaments for use when practicing
> Mozart's Rondo Alla Turca?
>
> By the way, I was listening to Piano Jazz (a weekly public radio program)
> and the featured jazz pianist made the comment that the keys of C, G, D,
A,