Fact Or Fiction..

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Tue, 7 Oct 1997 23:18:31 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997 Tunapiana@aol.com wrote:

> I have tried both concoctions (with & without resin) and I can testify
that
> without a doubt, I have found that the one with the powdered resin works
> better.

I believe that Garfield's, which I mentioned earlier, DOES contain resin
as well as glycerin. My most memorable encounter with Garfield's involved
a very small Kimball grand. The previous tech had tuned the piano, ap-
plied the Garfield's (at least it "smelled" like Garfield's) and then
told the owner to wait a week before playing it. Did I mention the part
about the tech applying the Garfield's to the pins while leaving the
action inside the piano, unprotected? If you've ever wondered about the
efficacy of TPT on loose tuning pins, you should see how it can correct
your "free and easy" center pin and key pin problems, too!

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net