Steinway Keyboards

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Wed, 8 Oct 1997 08:10:03 -0500

Hey Avery,
Two of my customers recently bought B's and I didn't notice this problem at
all.  Damper guiderail bushings were very tight, some voicing and
regulation needed to be done, but nothing beyond what I guess is reasonable
dealer prep.  I'd say it's a drying problem.  I did notice hammer passing
problems in a couple of L's that may be due to humidity changes.

What do you usually have to do to prep these pianos, and what do YOU feel
is reasonable dealer prep.  I'm never sure what to do or point out if the
customer doesn't know or seem to care.  I've noticed string voicing, some
hammer voicing, and inconsistent regulation.  On a piano of this caliber, I
feel it should be "right".  What's your procedure?
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.
lafargue@iamerica.net