Cold weather coming up

Sy Zabrocki only4zab@imt.net
Wed, 8 Oct 1997 22:52:23 -0600

While tuning a good old Howard upright, grandma came in and told me this tale about this Howard. Seems in the "olden days" they often hauled this piano to some barn where they had barn dances. Once in the winter they hauled this piano on a sled with a team of horses. When hauling the piano back the sled slid off the trail, the piano fell off and skidded down a gully.

It was determined it was too difficult to retrieve the piano in cold weather so they just covered the piano with canvas and left it there until spring. Well that was decades ago and here I am tuning this piano which I thought was a good piano. Apparently the piano survived this event with little if any damage.

Sy Zabrocki--Billings, MT