Loose flange on let up? - NOT

KCW kw2@acsu.buffalo.edu
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 00:10:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Mike and list,
	I bet it's the spring.  I was hoping that I wasn't the only tech
on earth who ever ran into this problem (let me know if I'm wrong).  The
spring is rocking up/down or back/forth due to the small gap between the
center coil of the spring and teflon.  In order to eliminate the clicking
noise you have to take out each of the clicking springs and tighten the
coils (or you can simply replace those springs).  I used a half-sharpened
shank to push out the teflon pieces, never use a plier because the teflon
will deform.  If anyone knows a better way, please let me know.  Oh, don't
forget to clean the spring groves and then regulate the spring tension.

Hope this helps

Kuang Wang