Rudolf Windhofer #1126

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 12:13:25 -0600

At 06:40 PM 10/9/97 -0400, you wrote:
>At 11:59 AM 10/9/97 -0600, you wrote:
>
>>    I'm sure the springs are kinda brittle, and wonder if anyone out there
>>has worked on one like this and knows a cheesy-cheap-quick-and-doity way to
>>lessen the tension on a mass basis, as opposed to replacing each of the
>>stupid springs.
>
>Don't do it a cheesy way.  Do it right.  Tell the customer it needs to be
>done right.  Have standards, and your customers will rise to them.  Plus,
>they'll be delighted by your work and tell others.  Would you rather people
>said you do cheap work?

Anne, and list,
	Not doing any job in a cheesy way is, of course, the correct track. I
appreciate your response and agree with the basic point about standards.
	One of the things that keeps me in the biz is those weird situations like
this oldie that I posted about. In this case, "done right" might include
what a fire marshall calls an "accelerant". So......we see about reducing
the hours needed, and consider just walking away. No other tech in the area
(100 miles up in the mountains) will touch it, and the customer doesn't
have high expectations. (she says). Tough call.

Thanks again,

Guy

Guy Nichols, Member, PTG
nicho@lascruces.com

              "Not everything that counts can be counted,
               and not everything that can be counted counts."
				                          Albert Einstein