M&H model 10 "screw stringer"

Mark Graham magraham@bw.edu
Sun, 12 Oct 1997 17:35:13 -0400 (EDT)

With regard to restringing a M&H screw stringer -- is this a piano worth
restringing? I tune one for a customer, and am never happy with the
tuning, and would never want to own one. In my mind, they're in the same
category with square grands: interesting, but the world has moved on to
better things.

The question about string length is still a valid one for repairing
individual strings, but if one of these babies needed restringing, I'd
tell the customer to get a more serviceable piano.

I'm willing to be wrong on this one. That's my perspective. I should say I
adore Mason & Hamlins in general.
Mark Graham
Baldwin-Wallace Conservatory of Music
Berea, Ohio