Nickel Metal Hydride batteries

Glenn rockymtn@sprynet.com
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 11:08:04 -0600

 -----Original Message-----
From: Don <drose@dlcwest.com>
To: pianotech@ptg.org <pianotech@ptg.org>
Date: Wednesday, October 15, 1997 12:53 AM
Subject: Re: Nickel Metal Hydride batteries

>Hi all,
>
>Cost for ni-cads 1/2 of nick metal hydride. They do *require* more care
than
>the  NMH batteries. But cost/amp/hour is lower. I have had 2 batteries for
>my cell phone for 2 years. One is NMH the other is ni-cad. I *always*
>discharge both of them 100%. The NMH is beginning to fail. The ni-cad is
>still going strong...at 1/2 the price.

You can't judge the whole species by one cell phone battery!  I love my
Lithium Ion cell batteries but I've already had two fail.  However, Lithiums
do fine in laptop computers.  The priority on cell batteries is SIZE.  NiMH
in a device like the SAT III will blow away nicads, provided they use a
quality battery (like they did with nicads).

Glenn.