Grinnelle console inconsistancies

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 12:26:58 -0600

Hi all,

You say the *action* has never been removed? I once came across a *high
quality* upright (one that has a *service bond*). The store tech had
adjusted the capstans to take up lost motion...only problem one of the
*feet* was *not* in the correct place, warping the entire action.

At 11:47 AM 10/15/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Grasp the hammer rail and push the bass toward the strings and pull the
>treble toward the keys.  This will bend the hangers and straighten out
>the travel.  YHou may need to replace the rail rests to conform to the
>new rail position.  Use limited force in the beginning.  You do not want
>to break a hanger.
>
>You will then need to regulate the capstans.
>
>	Newton
>	nhunt@jagat.comJohn R Fortiner wrote:

Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"