damper spoon problem

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 15:15:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997 Tunapiana@aol.com wrote:

> << What kind of glue should I have used
>  to secure it?  Or should I have gotten a spoon with a larger shaft?  >>
>
> I don't know about spoons with a larger shaft but some 5 minute epoxy would
> probably do the trick...
>
> List, what do you think?
> Regards,
> Greg Torres

Either that or a replacement wippen. It sounds like this is becoming a
very frustrating, time-consuming repair for the tech. If you're trying
to make do with a part that's not quite right and this is a frequently
played note, you might trying exchanging the repaired wippen with that
from a less-frequently played note, if possible. At keast if it fails
again, the owner will think "Oh, no, ANOTHER broken damper spoon"! :)

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net