Pinblock

Paul McCloud smccloud@ix.netcom.com
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 20:06:41 -0700

I've a question, since you brought up the pin bushings.  I have an old
Albert piano (upright) that has all the pins driven down 'till the coils
are nearly against the plate.  Many pins aren't holding the pitch.  It
has the bushings, plus the coils are so close to the plate, that I'm
reluctant to use the CA glue, which will likely wick up into the coils
before it will penetrate to the block (assuming it gets past the
bushings.)  Should I just use Garfields or try the CA glue?  Beyond this
treatment, the piano isn't worth doing anything more, like repinning.
It just needs to have the pins hold for a while.

	Paul McCloud, RPT
	San Diego, CA