eval sheet

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 11:45:04 -0500

At 11:45 AM 10/23/97 -0400, you wrote:
>There are many versions out there, I'd be interested in seeing what you come
>up with. Thanks, Jim Birch

Dear Friends,

I have come up with several forms that work for me.

A Piano Inspection Form - 3 pages
Useful for evaluating a piano to prepare an estimate for repair or rebuilding
(ideas for this form were gathered from a form by Ralph Joseph Onesti, and
from many other sources including PTG classes by Ward Guthrie, Charles
Ball, Steve Brady and Nick Gravagne)

An Appraisal Form  - 2 pages
This form is useful for dealing with insurance companies because the
insurance comopany will want to know how much the piano is valued at before
they will authorize work on a claim involving a piano.
(mostly copied from the PTG form in the back of the Business Resource
Manual, but with some changes based on Steve Brady's class on appraisals
and estimates at the last convention in Orlando)

An Estimate Worksheet - 4 pages
This form is designed for my use after doing an inspection and evaluating a
piano.  It lists most parts and repairs I could think of, with places to
list hours, total labor cost, material cost and a total of all of these
items.  This worksheet is for me to use, not for my customer to see.
(this form was designed with ideas from John Travis, Steve Brady and others
including the PTG Business Manual)

An Estimate Form - 1 page
This is the Estimate form that I fill out after doing the Estimate
Worksheet.  It summarizes all of the items for the customer to read and sign.
(I am sure I got a lot of the ideas for this from John Travis, and the PTG
Business Manual and probably from others on this list)

If these forms would be interesting and helpful to you, I can E-mail them
to you (Formatted for Microsoft Word97)

Or I can snail-mail a hard copy of them to you - please send 55 cents
postage to:
David A. Vanderhoofven
P.O. Box 1305
Joplin, MO 64801