Dense felt

Guy, Karen, and Tor Nichols nicho@lascruces.com
Fri, 24 Oct 1997 20:44:32 -0600

At 02:14 PM 10/24/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>       A number of years back I mannaged to obtain a sheet of dense felt
>3/8" thick, perfect density for hammer rails, pedal stop pads, and
>sundry trap work applications. I would like to know if any one has
>knowlege of a suppier. The problem with the various grades of felt that
>is available from the traditional suppliers, is that in these
>applications the felt compacts or cuts in a short time with heavy use.
>Any help would be most welcome
>Regards Roger Jolly.

Roger,
	The felt hammer trimmings from the supply houses are useful for tons of
stuff. Not just rest rail. I use the sharp edges for some buffing
applications, and you can get new sharp edges with the pass of a
craft-knife. Rottenstone gets excited with hammer trimmings. Trapwork shuts
up. Tool bags and boxes get soft little feeties. Emergency ear protection.
You name it. Get you some.

Guy

Great fleas have little fleas upon their backs to bit 'em,
And little fleas have lesser fleas, and so ad infinitum.
And the great fleas themselves, in turn, have greater fleas to go on;
While these again have greater still, and greater still, and so on.
        -- August De Morgan