Do you know this Man ???????

Robert B Edwardsen edwardsn@mail.rpa.net
Sat, 25 Oct 1997 06:49:01 -0400

>In a message dated 97-10-24 20:20:24 EDT, Les Smith wrote:
>
><< Anyway, at the risk of offending any of "Dr." Stevens friends and col-
> leagues who may be on this list, I'll simply point out that as Will Rogers
> once said, sometimes P.H.D. stands for "piled higher and deeper". >>

I pulled out my copy of "Piano Tuning Repair & Rebuilding" and found that
Stevens PHD is from is from the Free Protestant University, St. Andrews
College, Great Britain.  I must admit his book was the first complete text I
read on piano technology and although he did have some bad ideas (putting
mirrors on old uprights, using a hot glue gun to install keytops) it was a
good general introduction to the profession at that time.  After all, whom
among us does not have repair skeletons in out closets?

Rob Edwardsen, RPT
21 Courtenay Circle
Pittsford, NY 14534-2101
716-586-1360