"Feelin' in Tune" (part II)+

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Sun, 26 Oct 1997 19:21:52 -0600

Hi all,
This is the main reason I wear my right pants leg around my pocket out
first.  By bracing my leg under the keybed I feel all the vibrations from
the piano and also it give me more leverage to move the tuning pins.  You
can always spot me in a crowd cause I'm the one with worn places on my
pants on the top of my right pants pocket.
James Grebe
R.P.T. from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com
"Take me through the darkness to the break of the day"

----------
> From: Zen Reinhardt <diskladame@provide.net>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: "Feelin' in Tune" (part II)
> Date: Sunday, October 26, 1997 7:13 PM
>
> Yes indeed --
>
> It's amazing what your bones are good for when tuning in difficult
> situations.  I have found that my tuning arm resting along the stretcher
is
> great for picking up beatspeeds when testing bass octaves.  Before I got
my
> SAT I depended on this phenomenon when tuning in noisy situations
> (soundchecks, between sets at outdoor festivals, and the list is long).
>
> Anyone who has had a hearing test may remember having a speaker-like
device
> held onto the back of the head and being asked to listen for tones.
That's