Loose pins

C. Mike Swendsen swendsec@cadvision.com
Tue, 28 Oct 1997 14:41:47 -0700

Re: Samick with a few loose tuning pins.
I'm not sure if this is the problem, but a number of years ago I saw a
few Samicks come in with tuning pins around the plate screws that were
loose.  It was determined that some worker in the factory was trying to
make his work easier by lubicating the plate screws with a silicon
lubricant.
  This lubricant keeps spreading, and eventually effects a  number of
pins closest to the plate screws.  The only solvent that will cut
silicon is naptha.  Just putting in larger pins doesn't fix this
problem.
I have tried swabbing the holes with naptha and using the next larger
pin with some success, but I'm affraid that the sollution might be
temporary.
C. Mike Swendsen