TautLine Regulation Guide

Jon Page jpage@capecod.net
Mon, 1 Sep 1997 09:10:19 -0400 (EDT)

List,
I'll post this due to the influx of inquiries, thanks . . .

This is a tool I devised to adjust letoff and drop.
It weighs  .7oz and fits in your tool case, portable.
It takes up less room than a screw driver.
The nice thing about it is that it attaches to the action
so you don't need that acre of space to hold the bulky rack.
It employs a line instead of a rail, so there is no chance of
setting letoff too high. I've been useing mine for a year now.
It's the only guide I use for LO/drop. It is available from
Pianotek (# TLRG - $5 +s/h , include it in an order)
I have them too,   $6 inc. s/h.
It's as handy as a keydip block.
Order soon to take advantage of this introductory price !  :-)

>Here is what a few techs are saying:
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
>From: JIMRPT@aol.com
>Jon,
>  These are far too simple to ever work!!  Why Sir you need clamps., heavy
>string. wooden supports etc. to do things like this...  Sure wish that Gina
>and I had these in Charleston two weeks ago, would have made that job easier.
>Jim B.
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>From: EugeniaCar@aol.com
>Subject: Brilliant Taut Line Regulation Guide
>Jon
>I must congratulate you. Never in a million years would I have ever thought
>of such a simple, crafty method for setting letoff.   . . .
>
>Jon,
>Never has letoff been so easy to set!! I just finished a cleanup/bench
>regulation on a  C7. It was a breeze. Jon, your little guide is so easy to
>set and use, I just can't tell you how pleased I am with it. I'm taking the
>C7 back Monday and I'll take your guide with me just in case I have any
>adjustments at the piano. A great tool that fits in such a small space.
WOW!  . . .

>Susan, it is fabulous!
>You won't believe how simple and accurate it is. One pass! I carry it with
>me all the time. Best method for setting letoff I've ever used!    Enjoy!
>Gina
>>
>><<Just wanted to let you know of a cool invention for speeding up accuracy
>>during regulation.  This "Taut Line" system developed by Jon Page is just
>>wonderful !! A very simple concept, portable, and inexpensive.  What more do
>>you want ?
>>Bill Springer :)

Jon Page
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass. (jpage@capecod.net)
P.S.  The Becket Tool is just as useful, jpg available on request.