How many times do you tune?

Susan Kline skline@proaxis.com
Wed, 3 Sep 1997 22:17:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, Dave

>Personally, when I say that a piano is 38 cents flat, I'm referring to the
>area where the greatest deviation of pitch from standard has occurred,
>usually in the low tenor. Knowing this, we can guess pretty close where the
>rest of the scale lies.
>
>Dave Bunch

Most of the pianos this flat that I see are chronically flat from neglect,
and the largest deviation is in octaves 5 and 6. The only time I see the
largest deviation in the tenor is in frequently tuned pianos subjected to
humidity changes.

Regional differences probably matter in this question.

Susan Kline
P.O. Box 1651
Philomath, OR 97370
skline@proaxis.com

"As long as you have your feet on the ground, your head is perfectly safe in
the clouds."
			-- Ashleigh Brilliant