KAT URIN problem

Rolland Miller 70642.3604@CompuServe.COM
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 10:59:12 -0400

Hello list,

A good friend and fellow chapter member asked me to post for help on this
delicate matter.

A new customer,  who was somewhat senile,  had a piano in which the key
board area had been sprayed, apparently many times by the house hold cat.

As the key tops were plastic they seem to have survived the cats efforts.
Underneath however, the wooden part of the key and the rails are
impregnated with the dried urine residue.

My friend plans to replace key pins and punchings but would like some
opinions about removing the dried urine residue from the wood so that it
won't corrode the new parts he is putting in.  Also the smell is a problem.

Please reply to the list or to me privately if you prefer,  I will see that
the info gets past on.

Thanks for any help.
Rolland Miller, 70642,3604@compuserve.com
(aol members  will have to change the comma between the digits to a period