Damper problem

Lance Lafargue lafargue@iAmerica.net
Thu, 11 Sep 1997 15:13:04 -0500

The technique for doing the whole set on the bench is discussed toward the
back in the Reblitz book.  It's the way I do it still because I never
mastered the blind technique.  I only found myself making up new curse
words.

On this particular piano, I would first bend the damper wire way back to
see if a previous tech just tried to correct a bleeding damper problem.  If
no response, it has to be the spoon. You could glue it to the adjacent one
and at least it would lift when the note next door is played.  That's a
little joke....
Lance Lafargue, RPT
New Orleans Chapter
Covington, LA.