Damper problem

Richard Moody remoody@easnetsd.com
Sat, 13 Sep 1997 03:41:10 -0500

Check the damper lifter arm felt.  Sometimes the spoons have a burr
on them that wear through the felt.  This also can causes noises.
Also you can see where others are about to fail and you can take care
of this at the same time.  Ya don't want to be called back, at least
until the check clears. : )

Richard Moody

----------
> From: DGPEAKE@aol.com
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Damper problem
> Date: Thursday, September 11, 1997 1:16 PM
>
> Adjust the damper spoon.  I know it is a "blind technique" but with
practice
> you can do it.  Sometimes if I cannot reach the spoon blindly, I
will remove
> the bracket bolts and tip the action in order to see the spoon.
Then I