roadtest Boston update

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Sat, 13 Sep 1997 09:15:32 -0500

Dear list,
About 3 weeks ago I posted a roadtest tuning of the Boston studio upright.
I thought that I would get a lot of response from my remarks but only one
surfaced, (from a Steinway Concert Technician) in New York who only tunes
B's and D's.  I was chided somewhat but since I stated my opinions were
based on this particular piano it subsided after he stated  that he has
never tuned a Boston piano of any configuration.  Anyway, a week ago
yesterday I revisited the Boston for its 2nd tuning (It was -31c the first
time).  The pitch was just about where it was supposed to be and the tuning
in its classroom setting now was uneventful.  In the course of the tuning
one of the piano instructors came in and we talked way to long about pianos
and he asked me what I thought about the little Boston.  I told him what I
thought and here is a master piano teacher who thought the little piano was
more than adequate and certainly superior to the P-22 it replaced.  I don't
understand sometimes how reasonable people can have totally opposite views
on the same thing.  I guess the moral of the story is if they don't ask,
don't tell.
Feeling fearless now I am going to publish another roadtest of another new
model I have come across yesterday.
James Grebe
R.P.T. from St. Louis
pianoman@inlink.com
"A MAN IS LIKE A PIECE OF STEEL- HE IS NO GOOD IF HE LOSES HIS TEMPER"