Roadtest Yamaha M450TC #218401 -Reply

Steve Pearson SPearson@yamaha.com
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 12:16:20 -0700

The M450 pianos are most definitely not made in China or anwhere west
of the Mississippi.  They are manufactured at YMM in Thomaston GA,  in
reply to the market which demands ever more affordable pianos, without
compromising quality in the essentials.  The action and back are the same
as the M500 series, but the case is simplified to allow cost reduction
without sacrificing the important stuff.  As far as China and Yamaha,are
concerned,  there are no plans to import  any chinese-made Yamahas ,
which are made for the chinese domestic market ONLY, at this time.
Steve,
Yamaha

>>> <arnold1@mindspring.com> 09/15/97 10:48am >>>
I have heard rumors for a couple years now that Yamaha is going to start
importing some pianos from China.  Leroy Edwards told me at a regional
convention in 1995 that they were not, but I keep hearing it.  Might this be
one of them?  Just wondring.

Arnold Schmidt, Raleigh, NC, arnold1@mindspring.com

`[1;30;47mNet-Tamer V 1.05.1 - Test Drive