Foote Rattlers

Dianne Salem dsalem@fullerton.edu
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 16:37:55 +0100

Ed:

I had a Steinway B with this same problem.  Blew off the soundboard with an
air compressor and all to no avail.  Looked with light and dental mirror
and couldn't see anything... but with persistance (lots!) finally curved
around and saw one of the small brass hinge screws around where you
couldn't see it and wedged in pretty well.  With more persistance (lots!) I
was able to pry it loose  and get it out of there...  Caused the whole bass
and tenor to buzz badly!

Hope this is of some help to you!

Dianne R. Salem, RPT