Refinishing: HLVP vs Conventional Systems

Frank Weston waco@ari.net
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 14:47:25 -0400

Delwin D Fandrich wrote:

> Binks may well be the "Steinway" of conventional guns, but my experience
> with Binks HVLP guns has been frustrating to say the least. As has my
> experience with the Binks company regarding them.
>
> Have you had any experience with any HVLP guns besides Graco?
>
> --ddf

Del,

My experience with Binks HVLP has been strictly limited to exchanging
the Binks HVLP gun I started out with for a GRACO HVLP system.  My main
objection to the Binks system was not in its functioning, but in the
fact that it is still a high pressure system with all the attendant
moisture problems, particularly here in Maryland.

GRACO is the only HVLP system I have ever used, and it has given me no
cause for complaint.

And of course, not all the pianos Steinway made are what we would like
them to be.  Same probably goes for Binks.

Frank