MDF

Paul McCloud smccloud@ix.netcom.com
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 22:53:00 -0700

Well, I can think of lots of reasons to use polyester, but the best
reason is that I make a large portion of my living doing repairs on it!
But refinishing- that's another story.  Luckily I don't do refinishing.
There are some outfits doing polyester refinish jobs- a lot of work I'm
sure.  But poly is durable and watertight.
	By the way, anybody know a good way to make a satisfactory repair when
the veneer is damaged underneath a clear polyester finish?  I've never
been able to do a satisfactory repair of this type.  The only way I
could see to do this repair is to remove the clear coat- how to do this
without removing the color?  Trying to blend in a spot repair is almost
impossible for me.  I've tried heating the poly with a heat gun, but it
only makes more problems.  What I'm after is a simple touchup method
without stripping the whole panel.  Any ideas?

Paul McCloud, RPT
San Diego, CA