glueing controversy

Sat, 20 Sep 1997 07:45:47 -0700

robert sadowski wrote:

> List,
>   I've heard of a liquid that you "paint" on the key pins that drys to a
> slippery coating.  Anybody know about this?
>
> Bob Sadowski RPT
> Erie,PA

You're probably thinking of one of the Emrolon (sp??) products. This is
the green stuff (Usually. It doesn't have to be green.) you find on the
tops of the jacks and repetition levers in Baldwin actions. It has to be
baked on fairly high temperatures for it to bond.

There were (are?) a couple of versions of this stuff that were supposed
to bond without heat. But they didn't. At least not to slick surfaces
like keypins. It's generally a problem trying to get a lubricant like
Teflon (or its cousins) to bond to anything without special treatments.

--ddf