reply

pianoman pianoman@inlink.com
Tue, 23 Sep 1997 17:17:18 -0500

----------
> From: Charles E Faulk <cfaulk2@juno.com>
> To: pianotech@ptg.org
> Subject: Re: Shrink Solutions: (Was Damp Action Drying)
> Date: Monday, September 22, 1997 1:11 PM
>
> Hi Del
>
> > No, after I left Baldwin in 1987 I had to be careful not to get bruises
> on my butt as they slammed the door behind me. Back then the management
> had a special way of making you feel quite traitorous for leaving the
> fold. I'll never forget the last day when former president, Harold Smith,
> walked by me three times without saying a word. I don't mean to criticize
> present management; for all I know things may be much  improved.

Dear Charles,
I remember sitting through technicals with Willard Sims and Jack Krefting
giving classes.  I know Willard was very edgy when someone would say
anything which might be perceived as critical.
I remember how our group made some funny remarks about the new Baldwin 6000
52" vertical.  Seemed very funny that that was its' price also.  Willard
didn't think so!  If anyone should have had Baldwin tatooed on his forehead
it should have been Willard.
James Grebe