Removing wax

C. Mike Swendsen swendsec@cadvision.com
Tue, 23 Sep 1997 18:14:15 -0600

I had the same proablem with wax build up on a Yamaha C3.... The lady
was goiang to have someone refinish it.  All it needed was a good
cleaning and a polishing.

Clean with mineral spirits, or wax wash.. or even windex sprayed on a
rag and used to take the wax off.  Turn the rag often so pick up the
wax  so you won't just be smearing it around again.  then use some
Mcguires No. 17. ( a very fine plastic polish, used for buffing out
scratches in plexiglass etc.)  It is usually available at an autobody
supply shop, and may fine paint stores.  It also works very well for
polishing lacquer finishes, and cleaning grubby key tops, even ivory.
It will take about 2 hours and the piano should look almost as new,
assuming there are no other flaws in the finish.

C. MIke Swendsen