Removing wax

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Tue, 23 Sep 1997 18:44:16

At 07:45 PM 9/23/97 -0400, you wrote:
>John suggests below that you may need to refinish.  If this is a polyester
>finish...almost all C5's are by the way...then you do not have the refinish
>option.  Call Yamaha and they will tell you what you need to do.  Or wait and
>I am sure Steve from Yamaha will chime in on this thread.
>
>Enjoy a truly fine piano,
>
>Ed

><<
> Dear Dave:
> My nose tells me that the main ingredient in both of the cleaners that
> you are asking about is V M & P Naptha which you can get at any paint
> store and at 90% of hardware stores.  Regarding the white or cloudiness -
> are you sure that it is on the finish or is it IN the finish.  On - not
> much problem with correct solvents. In - well :-(  you might be able to
> take care of it with an amalgamator such as Mohawk sells, but try the
> surface with naptha first.  If it is deep enough the only recourse is
> refinish.
>
>                                                                John R. >>
>
>Greetings all.
               We have been using the household detergent trade name
Fantastic.
Do not be alarmed if surface turns white and milky as this is the result of
melting the silicons and other materials in the polish, it will not harm
polyester or varathane type products. It cleans off grease build up on the
keys in a second. Cut the detergent 2parts water for cleaning the black
build up on plates, however DONOT let it sit as it will remove the gold
finish.
P.S. It's a little hard on your hands, but at least no toxic fumes
Regards
Roger Jolly
University of Saskatchewan
Dept. of Music.