Removing wax

Wallace F. Wilson wilson53@MARSHALL.EDU
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 08:45:46 -0400 (EDT)

Dave - I have used the silicone wash.  It is toluene.  Bad stuff, but I had
a special problem to solve with it: removing filler.  It is powerful, and if
your problem is silicone, then it may be helpful.  I'd suggest trying a
little bit somewhere unobtrusive to determine whether it will harm your finish.

If you go for an amalgamator, since Mohawk sells by the gallon, you might
try General's, which is the same stuff in a smaller container.

I notice that Mohawk sells a wax remover and a
>silicon wash.  Has anyone had any experience with these or other products?
>Dave Severance
Wally Wilson