Capo bar noise

Wallace F. Wilson wilson53@MARSHALL.EDU
Wed, 24 Sep 1997 15:26:47 -0400 (EDT)

I ran into this with an SD10.  You might have to loosen the strings from the
section sufficiently to remove the metal plate(s) under which the strings
run.  The problem is often grooving of the plate(s).  You must determine if
it's one plate (older) or individual unison plates.  My terminology is not
correct, but I think you can follow.  The one I did was 1975 & had one for
each treble section. The treatment can actually be done in the piano, but
you need to go by feel and use a light and mirror.  I used Sanding tape
which can be ordered from one of the piano supply houses or Constantine's in
NY.  Good luck.  BTW, if it's an older one, Kent Webb informs me they don't
make that replacement part any more. ?????

At 07:56 9/21/97 +0000, you wrote:
>	I'm currently working on prepping a new Baldwin L grand (6'3"), and
>there is a problem with excessive high partial noise from the first
>section of strings above  the agraffe section. Simply put, it is an
>excessive high partial ringing that is absent in the agraffe section,
>but becomes immediately apparent in the Capo bar section.
Wally Wilson