Tuning

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 19:24:51 -0700 (MST)

Buenos Dias Carlos:

I will excuse your english if you  will excuse my spanish.

1. You are correct that the Pure 5th does not beat at the 3/2
relationship.

2. Even though F3 was not tuned yet, the M3rd-M6th test is valid for
proving the A3-D4 4th and for proving the A3-A4 octave using F3-A3
as 1.5 beats slower than F3-A4. The 1.5 beats will vary from one
piano to the next depending upon the inharmonicity curve of that part
of the stringing scale.

3. 1.5 bps es egual a una y media por secundo.

As you stretch the single octave A3-A4 to approximalmente 1.5 beats,
the 5ths will become near zero beat while the 4ths will become faster.
If everything else is done correctly, you will still have equal
temperament.

Gracias.

Jaime Coleman, Sr.