Replacement Hammers for a 7'4" Knabe (1914)

Scott Rogers imn2n@MCI2000.com
Thu, 25 Sep 1997 22:17:12 +0000

Hello,
I'd appreciate suggestions on what hammers to use for this piano. It is
going to be put in a rather large
Cathedral. My guess is that you would want to use hammers without too much
attack, but still have
excellent projection.
I plan to use Renner parts for the reps, shanks, etc., but would like
suggestions for hammers. Would the Premium Blues from Renner be the best
choice?
Any feedback from Techs with similar circumstances?
PS ring time is so long in the church, it is next to impossible to tune the
spinet that is in the sanctuary
now.
Thanks, Scott Rogers