Capo bar noise

Jim Coleman, Sr. pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 08:39:30 -0700 (MST)

Hi Lance:

The main problem with the model L is that there is an unhappy length
combination between the speaking length and the counter bearing length.
That's why putting some glue on the aliquot length helps; it changes
the frequency of that segment so that is does not resonate with the
speaking length of the string. Caution do not let glue  run down to the
Capo Bar. As a result of my studies of this, the SF10 first came out
with individual termination peices that were of different lengths. This
was also applied to the SD10. Why something was not done to the L is
hard to understand since it was one of the worst offenders. This problem
is worse on the several notes just above where the Capo Bar begins.

Jim Coleman, Sr.