New SAT

Don drose@dlcwest.com
Fri, 26 Sep 1997 10:08:54 -0600

Hi Michael et al,

At 08:35 AM 9/26/97 -0600, you wrote:
>My two bits worth......
>I have seen the RCT and I think it does some very nice things... the
>concerns that I have are these:
>1.  A notebook is too large to use comfortably, it will not sit on any
>ledge, lid etc on most vertical pianos.

Having used RCT for 10 months I can tell u this is *not* a problem. The unit
is so sensitive that it can be across the room and work *very* well.

>2. If you come into a house using a computer it doesn't look as
>professional as a dedicated electronic tuning device.

Having switched from the ACCU Tuner to the RCT my clients like the computer
and are much *more* impressed with it that the dedicated box.

>3.  If an enterprising customer thinks you are tuning, just using a
>computer he may think he can do it too, and download something and try
>it.... he just might be semi successful, or break something... In any
>case, it's not something I would like to see done.

In the past tuning devices were not *not* expensive. And how many people
have *attempted* a tuning with say a korg? Bearing in mind that these
devices can he had *used* for about $100.00. So I don't believe this is a
concern.

>4.  The notebooks need to have their batteries recharged after every 2-4
>hours of use. That means recharging every day at least once, probably
>twice...And that's while the batteries are new, when they start to loose
>their charge holding ability.....

The batteries in laptops are now mainly Nickle Metal Hydride which has a far
longer useful life cyle. The newest lithium ion ones are I am told even better.

>C. Mike Swendsen RPT
>>
>> PDtek@aol.com wrote:
>> >
>> > I am considering the purchase of a new SAT and wondered if anyone out there
>> > has had any personal experience with the new model I have been hearing
about,
>> > as to new features and is it worth the additional cost.
>> >
>> > Any insight would be appreciated.
>> >
>> > Dave Bunch
>>
>> I know barely nothing about the new SAT model.  But I know that for
>> $1595 you can get a Powerbook computer with the RCT program which I
>> STRONGLY recommend.  I is just as revolutionary as the SAT was when it
>> first came out.  And you can still use all your old SAT tunings with
>> RCT.
>>
>> Michel Lachance, RPT

Regards,
"Tuner for the Centre of the Arts"