Need a Mason Expert

stanwood stanwood@tiac.net
Sun, 28 Sep 1997 09:30:30 -0500

Many of us noticed that the rescaling of the recently made Mason & Hamlin
BBs with the addition of wound bichords at the bottom of the understrung
section created a poor tone in that section even though the graphs of
inharmonicity were "Improved".  The BB I saw at the Orlando Institute was
back to the old scale with steel strings all the way down the treble section
and it sounds better.

David C. Stanwood