My exp. with adv.

Glenn rockymtn@sprynet.com
Sat, 1 Aug 1998 00:15:14 -0600

>----------
>> From: Phil Bondi <tito@peganet.com>
>> To: pianotech@ptg.org
>> Subject: Re: My exp. with adv.
>> Date: Thursday, July 30, 1998 6:47 PM
>>
>> Yellow Pages have worked real well for me, PERIOD.
>>

>Well they don't give you much of a choice, a free yellow page ad with a
>business account.   And we all are paying the business rate........ right?
>  If you are making appointments from your home phone and not paying the
>business rate, and you like to think of yourself as the law abiding type,
>better check real fast with your phone co.
>
>Richard the Moody

Richard is correct.  If you try to place an ad and the number comes up
residential, you're going to have problems.  Easy way around this, however.
Use your cellular or PCS phone's number in the ad.  With today's lower rates
and voice messaging and forwarding you can run your whole business from one
and they can't say POOP about it being residential or business because there
is no such thing ('round these parts, anyway).  If the yellow page person
pauses or overly questions this just ask for a supervisor.
There is a small downside to using your cellular number:  people who would
respond to the ad may not recognize the prefix and skip you over.  You may
have to word the ad to cover for this.  The other problem might be receiving
too many calls while you are ON a call.  Forwarding and voice mail can take
care of that.

Glenn.